2024 Elections

Elections are conducted in accordance with the Arizona Revised Statutes, Titles 9, 16 and 19 and the City Code of Litchfield Park, Chapter 2.

A primary election shall be held on the first Tuesday in August in any year in which a general election or special election is held and at which candidates for public office are to be elected.

A general election shall be held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of every even-numbered year, a general election shall be held for the election of representatives in Congress, members of the legislature, and state, county and precinct officers whose terms expire at the end of the year in which the election is being held or in the following year. 

The Council, or under certain circumstances, and the City Clerk, may also call special elections, when needed, in accordance with State Law.

For 2024, the City will hold the following elections:

  • Special Election on March 12, 2024 - Adoption of Final Charter.  If the voters approve the measure, the Charter will become the organic law for the City. 
  • Primary Election on July 30, 2024 (HB 2785) - Three seats for Council Member
  • General Election on November 5, 2024 - Only if f necessary

Collection of signatures may begin when the Statement of Interest has been filed with the City Clerk prior to receiving the Candidate Packet.

Litchfield Park municipal elections are non-partisan.  

Qualified Elector  A.R.S.§ 16-121(A)
A) A person who is qualified to register to vote pursuant to A.R.S. §16-101(A) and who is properly registered to vote shall, if they are at least eighteen (18) years of age on or before the date of the election, be deemed a qualified elector and who has subsequently registered in Litchfield Park, and is otherwise qualified. In addition, a qualified elector shall also be a resident of the City for at least one (1) year prior to any Primary, General or Special City Election. (A.R.S. §9-232(A).

Election Results
Election results for prior elections currently are not available on the website, but may be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office by submitting a public records request.