What is required?
Being a volunteer coach is easy and fun! If you want to help make a difference in a child’s life, then all you have to do is:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete a Youth Sports Coaching Application
- Complete a Background Authorization Form
- Attend the mandatory sports coaches meeting
- Attend a NYSCA Certification Class (two classes, multiple dates available to adjust to your schedule)
- Agree to coach by the standards set by NYSCA and to the City of Litchfield Park philosophy of “Building Tomorrows Leaders, Today.”
Why become a coach?
There are many reasons to volunteer coach. You will alleviate scheduling issues. As a coach of a team, you will be able to arrange practice times and locations around your schedule. In addition, you will be a positive role model in providing instruction for todays youth.
Can I register an entire team?
No. All of our youth sports leagues only allow individual registrations, and players will be placed on teams based on our player placement policy.
Can I make a request for a specific coach?
Yes! However, we only allow up to 5 requests per coach; this includes the coaches’ children (these are guaranteed). These requests are given on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once a specific coach has been allotted the maximum number of requests, the remaining requests for that specific coach will be placed onto teams based on closest public school and geographic location based upon a participant’s home address.