Litchfield Park Youth Council
The Litchfield Park Youth Council (LPYC) objective is to educate Litchfield Park teens about local government and its impact on the community. In addition, the Litchfield Park Youth Council seeks to motivate and empower Litchfield Park youth by supporting youth voice and fostering civic responsibility.
The Litchfield Park Youth Council is comprised of high school students who work on community service projects, develop leadership skills, and learn about Litchfield Park city government.
The Litchfield Park Youth Council will:
- Have the opportunity to learn about city government through hands-on experiential activities.
- Provide a voice for youth in an effort to help city leaders better understand the needs and concerns of youth.
- Develop a better understanding of community needs in the City of Litchfield Park through community service projects.
- Cultivate an understanding of leadership and acquire skills therein by serving as an active member of the Youth Council.
- Represent Litchfield Park Youth at public functions in which the Youth Council’s presence is requested and approved.
Commitment of Youth Council Members
- Applicants must be willing to attend and participate in all scheduled meetings.
- Applicants must be wilting to attend other meetings or events as opportunities arise.
- Applicants must play an active role in the planning and implementation of Youth Council events.
Requirements for Membership
- Applicants must be a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior who either live in the City of Litchfield Park or attend Millennium High School and reside in the 85340 zip code.
- Applicants have been accepted through the application and interview process.
- Applicants should be interested in the city government, politics, and youth issues and have a willingness to learn and to participate in meetings.
- LPYC applications are now being accepted.