In an effort to better serve the community, "Guidelines When Building Within the City"
series of brochures, contain information that will provide answers to questions ranging from the City's building permit process, how long plan review takes and what to expect during an
Brochure #1- Building Codes- How They Help You!
Brochure #2- Building Permit Application
Brochure #3- Construction Documents
Brochure #4- Pools, Spas and Barriers
Brochure #5- Ramadas, Gazebos and Pergolas
Brochure #6- Carport Conversion & Patio Enclosures
Brochure #7- Fencing
Brochure #8- Residential Energy Improvements
Permits are required for:
- New construction or additions
- Alterations and repairs
- Demolition work
- Any work done to electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing systems
Permits are not required for:
If you still have questions, call Building Safety at 623-935-1066 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or visit us at City Hall.
- One story detached structures, such as sheds and playhouses, provided the floor area is less than 120 sq. ft.
- Sidewalks and flat concrete work
- Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinetry, counter-tops and such finish work
- Swimming pools under 18" deep
- Energy efficient replacement windows and additional insulation
- And more!