Census 2020: Shape Your Future. Help Us Count Everyone.
Why is it important to you? Participating in the Census is your constitutional right and civic duty. Once every decade, the United States Constitution requires a count of everyone living in the country that includes people of all ages, races, citizens and non-citizens. The City of Litchfield Park, in partnership with the Maricopa Association of Government's iCount 2020 campaign, is participating in a regional outreach aimed at communicating the importance of counting every man, woman and child by participating in the 2020 Census. By law, every household must complete a census survey online, by phone or mail by April 1, 2020.
Why You Should Participate by Completing the Survey
The Litchfield Park resident census population data collected will impact the state of Arizona and Litchfield Park's community in a variety of ways:
- Approximately $700 billion in federal funding will be distributed to states and communities every year for the next decade with an estimated $13.5 billion to Arizona.
- For each person counted, the state receives $2,959 in federal funding.
- Funds allocate resources for job creation, housing, road infrastructures, education, healthcare, transportation, park and recreation services.
How Can I Complete the Survey?
- Online. The 2020 Census is the first year that the survey is available to be completed online. You will receive a postcard in the mail with a personal code and directions.
- Mail. Paper surveys will be made available to households in March, 2020.
- Phone. Survey data can be entered by calling the U.S. Census Bureau (number will be published once available).
Private and Confidential
By law, the Census Bureau cannot share your answers by name with others, including welfare agencies, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the Internal Revenue Service, courts, police, and the military.
- September 30: Last Day to Count! Fill out Census here.
- December: The Census Bureau will deliver apportionment counts to the President and Congress as required by law.
Maricopa Association of Governments iCount2020
United States Census Bureau
- Arizona Regional: iCount 2020
- Federal: US Census Bureau