Assistant City Manager Duties
- The City of Litchfield Park operates under the Council-Manager form of government.
- Under this system, the City Manager selects an Assistant City Manager, who acts as the chief executive officer of the City in their absence.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs the work of City departments through delegation of authority and responsibility to department directors.
- Directs and manages activities and special projects as assigned by the City Manager.
- Reviews annual expenditure requests with department directors; prepares and submits recommended annual budget and program of services to City Manager.
- Represents the city in a variety of meetings and public functions involving other officials, civic and community service organizations, volunteer groups, and others.
- Responds to inquiries regarding city activities and matters and resolves any problems or complaints.